[mythtv-users] Action for shutdown option in menu?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 18 01:01:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003, at 22:55 US/Pacific, Trey Ethridge wrote:

> I want to add a shutdown option at the bottom of the main menu.

What's wrong with setting the ESC key to bring up the exit menu and
select shutdown from there? I changed my setup so escape bring that up
(the default is no exit key), and 'poweroff' for the command to run...

> I know that I can add the option in mainmenu.xml, but I'm not sure of
> what action I need to specify to bring up the shutdown dialog.  Can
> somebody help me?

What do you mean by 'the shutdown dialog'? Your window manager's "do
you really want to shut down, restart, log out, etc?" message (if your
WM is set up to even do that; KDE on RHL9 doesn't by default), mythtv's
built-in shutdown dialog, or what? We need more details to work with
here...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE