[mythtv-users] Problem ajusting contrast/brightness/color

cythraul at videotron.ca cythraul at videotron.ca
Thu Sep 18 23:20:30 EDT 2003

Hi,

First of all, I want to thank everyone involved in documenting the
installation process for MythTV.

I've relied massively on
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-singlehtml.html and

Setup is as follow:

PC: Compaq EVO D510 SFF (P4 1.8ghz)
(quikie – does someone knows if it’s upgradable? :)
RAM: 256mb DDR
HD: Seagate IV 40gig (to be upgraded in the near future but I'll stick with
Seagate as I've yet to hear a more silent HD (pun intended.)
Tuner: Leadtek TV2000 XP Deluxe
Gfx: XFX nVidia GeForce4 MX440 w/ TVout
(Bought a G550 from Matrox and discovered afterward that support was to be
dream of on Matrox’s part.)

After the initial setup phase I was preparing myself to the fine-tuning
part of my ordeal.

I tried adjusting brightness/contrast/color by using the F keys. The corner
box appeared and stated that the current setting was 0%. I tried to adjust
the setting but nothing was doing anything.

Then everything went black. I could still see a bit of a blurred-reddish
images moving so I assumed everything was still running.

I proceed to shut the machine down and restarted. That time I only touched
F2 and waited. Same result. Bawm! Black screen with blurred images I could
only guess.

I did a search on the use mailing list but could not find anyone with the
same problem.

Does someone have a suggestion? Is there a verbose mode I could run to
check is maybe the bttv driver is having issues with my tuner?

Thank you!
cythraul