[mythtv-users] advice for frontend/backend

Saravanan Subbiah saravanan_subbiah at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 19 11:29:51 EDT 2003

I just ordered Biostar P4TSV MATX board. Haven't received yet. I wanted
a P4 based system and the obvious choice was 865G chipset. I will anyway
be getting a AGP card, as I want this m/c to be a gaming rig too.So I
didn't care about onboard SVideo out.

I really liked Abit IS-10 (the IS-12 version has onboard IEE 1394). I
liked it coz it has SPDIF + 2 extra audio outs in the mother board
itself. So no need for any extra soundcard. More that the price, you
save an exta PCI slot. I wonder why no other MB manufacture has realized
this.

But two things this ABIT  board is not capable of. 1) Overclocking and
2) Smart Fan speed control both of which Biostar board offered. (Smart
Fan control is not offered by many MATX boards.) So I went for Biostar.

Hopefully I made the right choice !

-Saravanan