[mythtv-users] Almost got my LIRC problem

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Sep 20 00:41:29 EDT 2003

On Friday, Sep 19, 2003, at 14:40 US/Pacific, and wrote:

> Don't you have to also to /sbin/chkconfig lircd on to have it
> automatically start?

Yes, definitely do that if you didn't already.

> On Friday, September 19, 2003, at 01:55 PM, Shay - MythTV wrote:
>
>> I really hope you can help me out.  This might even be a bug you can
>> put in your install doc?  Anyways, it looks like the problem is the
>> initial loading of things, like we talked about at one time.  I found
>> that if I reboot and do this, all works:
>>
>> # rm -rf /dev/lircd
>> # /sbin/depmod -a
>> # /sbin/modprobe ivtv
>> # /sbin/modprobe lirc_dev
>> # /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
>> # /sbin/service lircd start
>> exit
>> $ /usr/bin/irw

So I'm confused now. Do you have any lirc source-based install, or only
rpm at this point?

>> I haven't actually tested the remote, I'm at work.. ;)   But it
>> doesn't come right back to the prompt which makes me thing it might
>> actually be working.

Sounds like it is working...

>> Any idea what I could do to get it to work at reboot?

The /sbin/chkconfig lircd on SHOULD do the trick... If you'd already
done that, I dunno. You definitely shouldn't be having to remove
/dev/lircd. Oh, and the correct device file is actually /dev/lirc...

>> Thanks a bunch for all the help and the great website!

What web site? I have but a page on Mark Cooper's site... :)

>> Modules.conf:
>> # For ivtv
>> path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/drivers/media/video
>> # For bttv and saa7134
>> path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/v4l2
>> # default path
>> path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
>> alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
>> # ivtv modules setup
>> alias char-major-81 videodev
>> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
>> options ivtv debug=1
>> options tuner type=2
>> options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
>> add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
>> add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
>> alias eth0 8139too
>> alias usb-controller usb-uhci
>> alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1
>> post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>> >/dev/null 2>&1
>> pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>> >/dev/null 2>&1 |
>> | :
>> alias char-major-195 nvidia

Everything looks fine here...