[mythtv-users] JBL TC1000 Remote (and other remote advice)

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 01:06:17 EDT 2003

I don't have the JBL remote, but I do also have an
IRMan (got mine on Wednesday), and I'm pretty pleased
with it.  I'm using a OneForAll URC-6131 remote, which
is pretty neat.

This remote has native PVR codes, which means that you
can have a bunch of the keys assigned out of the box,
and for those that aren't mapped via the PVR, you can
map them from other modes.  So, for example, I set the
PVR mode to be that which with I use for MythTV, and
some of the other buttons (mostly DVD-type navigation
ones) don't work, so using the built-in keymapping, I
applied the DVD codes to the missing PVR buttons.  In
that way, the IRMan picks them all up.

And, if that weren't enough, there's holes on the
board for a JP1 connector - just solder on pogo pins
and a EEPROM, and it's apparently fully JP1
programmable.  I wish I had looked around for
pre-modded ones available before buying mine, because
they are out there (although they cost double what I
paid retail).  It's a great buy at Circuit City for
$17.99.

Here's the product manual for it:
http://www.ofausa.com/remote_manual/IMPK6VR manual
1.0.pdf