[mythtv-users] JBL TC1000 Remote (and other remote advice)

ray cielencki mythtv at rayslinky.com
Sat Sep 20 06:11:04 EDT 2003

>>What are some other remote control suggestions?
>
>This is something I'm starting to look into right now myself (I have too
>many freakin' remotes...). There have been a few different ones
>recommended in prior threads, so search the archive too. I like the look
>of that one, because I've got a Yamaha amp, Panasonic TV, Motorola cable
>box, X-Box, all specifically mentioned as working with that remote.
>Barring drastic differences in my equipment from that guy's, all I'd have
>to figure out is MythTV and my Technics CD changer. But I don't really
>like the $350 MSRP... Anyone with recommendations that'll work with
>everything I've got would also be welcome.

ive got a rat-shack 8-in-1 (15-2116), with an lcd that is jp1 compatible
and works with all of my equipment - even leaving me an extra button that i
use for lircmd/other irxevent/irexec stuff (like killing/restarting
mythfrontend and shutting down completely). there is also an "extender"
that allows you to customize what the lcd says. the jp1 group has a
boat-load of custom device codes - check out
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/>. a cursory
look shows that all your devices should work - the xbox isn't listed, but
should with one of the RCA DVD codes. also more info on jp1 can be found at
<http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/index.shtml>.

cheers,
rayc
jp1 whore