[mythtv-users] IR Receiver, Blaster under LIRC (Controlling a DirecTV Hughes Director Pack)

Mark Dobossy mdobossy at Princeton.EDU
Sat Sep 20 17:55:14 EDT 2003

I have searched the archives, but have yet to find a definitive answer.

With LIRC, can I do both an IR receiver, as well as an IR Blaster?  I
have a DirecTV setup, that does not have the serial input (a Hughes
Director Pack).  I am hoping that someone out there has possibly set up
mythTV and LIRC to work with this combination, otherwise, I will try to
get it working myself.  I thought I saw somewhere that  LIRC can only
accept one input, but it is possible to make a receiver/blaster in one
circuit.  Anyone have a schematic/part list for this?

-Mark