[mythtv-users] Anyone happy with G400 TV out?

Jason White axtools at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 22:09:13 EDT 2003

I've finally gotten by G400 working with TV out using the framebuffer
stuff and after an evening of tweaking I'm just not happy with the
output.  Before I waste any more time tweaking I want to know if I'm
ever going to get decent quality or if I should give up hope.  To anyone
using the G400 for TV output.are you satisfied with your picture?

Here's where I stand.
-          I can't get the picture to perfectly fill the screen.  Going
to further extremities causes sync problems.
-          The colors are bad.  I spent a long time with the "matrox"
bitbanging tool and improved things but I'm still not satisfied.
-          There's a slight curve in the top center of the screen.  If I
could solve the other problems I could live with this one.
-          I can't get all of my settings to happen automatically at
boot time.  This is really more of a noob issue than anything else.if I
could fix the other problems I'm sure I could figure this one out.

I know that there's other boards like the GF4MX that people have had
better luck with.  Unfortunately I'm squeezing my old mythtv machine to
it's limits.it's an older motherboard with 1x AGP and there's no
available PCI slots either.  Until I upgrade the mobo (and thus
processor/RAM) I'm going to have to stick with my current setup because
to my knowledge there's no 1x AGP versions of the GF4MX.

Jason