[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend hangs

Steven Sartorius ssartor at bellatlantic.net
Sun Sep 21 09:28:47 EDT 2003

on 9/20/03 16:01, jose rubio at debian at nc.rr.com wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 15:30, Steven Sartorius wrote:
>> This afternoon mythfrontend locked up on me after watching LiveTV for about
>> five minutes.  The grisly details are below:
>
> LUXURY, BLOODY LUXURY! mine does it after 4 minutes...
>
> Haven't figured it out yet.  Nothing to do with the backend, it just
> keeps on churning...
>

> -jose-

I'm in the same boat...backend is unaffected and I can ssh into the box to
restart the frontend and X.  I keep up with CVS hoping that it's a bug
somewhere in the frontend code and that it will soon be fixed.  So far, no
luck.  Which leads me to the conclusion that maybe it's a problem with my
system:

Asus A7N266-VM mobo
Athlon 2200 XP+
256MB
80G Maxtor HD
Leadtek Winfast 2000
Apollo GF4 MX440SE 64M w/TV out
Debian Woody with self compiled 2.4.22 kernel and backported 4.3 X
(using the new Nvidia chip set support and the included bttv module)
Alsa sound driver

Any similarities??

Steve