[mythtv-users] libmyth-0.11.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ted Garrington ted at garrington.org
Tue Sep 23 00:02:15 EDT 2003

I just stumbled upon MythTV and it looks awesome. After Walking through
the install documentation and installing I ened up getting the following
error message when trying to execute.

/usr/local/bin/mythtv: error while loading shared libraries:
libmyth-0.11.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am using a RedHat 9.0 box. I do not have the TV tuner card installed
yet. But it did not appear that was necessary to install mythtv.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Ted