[mythtv-users] Re: G400-TV tuner, or recommended cards?

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Wed Sep 24 00:09:04 EDT 2003

Andrew Prior <andrew at hereafter.com> writes:

>  Hi,
>
>   I have a G400-TV, but can't seem to get the tuner recognized, and have
> read that it likely isn't going to.  Does anybody have this working with
> mythtv?

Where did you read that? It certainly isn't true. Me and others are
using this card with mythtv just fine. (i have the marvel g400-tv AGP)

>   Alternatively, can somebody recommend a decent card that has a tuner,
> stereo, and TV output that all works with mythtv?  I'd prefer something with
> decent resolution and hardware encoding/decoding.

Imho that doesn't leave a lot of options. :) The Hauppage pvr250/350
cards being the only ones, afaict. I'll install a pvr350 in the next days,
hoping for high-quality recordings.

Bye, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson