[mythtv-users] Changes to PVR section of documentation

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Tue Sep 23 17:38:24 EDT 2003

When I recently installed my PVR-250 I ran into a
couple of issues that I think would be good to add
to the documentation.

I suggest the following changes be made to the PVR
section (section 22.1 in cvs).

Insert the following after installing the ivtv driver (right
after the "# depmod -a"):
-------
Now create the test_ioctl utility:

# cd..
# cd utils
# make
-------

This is needed so that the user doesn't get confused when
you later suggest they use the test_ioctl utility and it
doesn't exist.

I would also suggest the following be inserted before the
section on test_ioctl, after the line "# echo ..." and before
the "By default...".

------
The test_ioctl utility allows you to make changes to the
configuration of the ivtv driver and is located in the
/ivtv/ivtv/utils directory.  If your ivtv driver shows up as
something other than video0, then you will have to use
the -d /dev/videox option, where x is the number of the
ivtv driver.

Please see http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html#_jump10
for a list of options available for test_ioctl.
-------

Thanks for the great work on the documentation!  My
copy is very well used and appreciated.

Bob