[mythtv-users] mythmusic problem - "metadata.o: Your database is out of whack. This is not good."

Couvrette, Jeffrey C. JEFFREY.C.COUVRETTE at saic.com
Wed Sep 24 20:11:10 EDT 2003

I have the following problem with MythMusic.  When I start Mythmusic, the
console shows a message:

"metadata.o:  Your database is out of whack.  This is not good."

The frontend then closes if I try and "Import a CD.  If I try "Scan for
Music" nothing happens in the frontend and I get the same message in the
console.  I tried searching the archives for this message and saw a couple
of posts, but no significant replies other than a recommendation to clear
out my musicmetadata table, which I don't know how to do.

If it helps, I noticed that in the console, if I did anything involving the
playlist function in Mythmusic, I got a message:

playlist.o: Hey! I can't load playlists if you don't give me a hostname!"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeff Couvrette