[mythtv-users] MythTV in Debian with Avermedia

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Thu Sep 25 20:22:00 EDT 2003

> Debian Sarge? or even żDid anyone in spain got it running?

As long is for analog TV yes, it works in Spain with very much same pitfalls
as any other EU country.
You'll likely to use the channel preset feature, and sometimes, manual
recording if you have non xmltv listed channels, listings are ok for
country-wide analog channels (TVE, A3, Tele5, Canal+...) and autonomicas,
not local tv's, anyway you know that some of those channels do change their
schedules in the very last minute...

Though this is info is not Spanish specific, personally, I've been playing
with Red Hat (8.0 & 9.0) and SuSE (8.1 & 8.2), Pinnacle PCTV Pro cards,
cases MSI Hermes and Shuttle with both intel and SiS chipsets. Each
configuration has its own tricks but worked succesfully. So I don't know
about your particular config, but looks to me that should work: what you
describe looks like a problem with your X output/conf, card... Try to start
looking at http://pvrhw.goldfish.org, there is a hardware database there.

I'm thinking in starting a discussion group/forum/site or something like
that for spanish users, if you think that is a good idea?.

Ramon.