[mythtv-users] Mosix and Epia-M

Dan Fleming dan at sociallocals.com
Thu Sep 25 11:39:50 EDT 2003

I have had an Epia-M9000 board now for quite some time.  Of course I, along with many others, thought that the mpeg decoder would become available.  I know that the mpeg decoding is just around the corner, but I want to use this this thing dang it!

My myth box has the M9000 with a pvr-250 and a 20 gig notebook drive -- nice setup but just doesn't quite cut it without the mpeg decodeing.  What if I buy another Epia-M system, network them via the firewire port and setup mosix so the second board lends its cpu to first.  If this would work, I could have one system up and running until the mpeg decoding materializes and it would keep my wife happy -- if I were to put a full size PC case in the living room she'd kill me; the second Epia would be hidden behind the tv.

What do you all think?  Would it work?

---Dan