[mythtv-users] No audio with PVR-250

Paul Peltz, Jr. peltz at cs.utk.edu
Fri Sep 26 11:06:06 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 04:03, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 00:33 US/Pacific, Tobias Blomberg wrote:

> >> Then you didn't search hard enough. Quite a few people had the exact
> >> same problem. There were multiple threads discussing it to death just
> >> after mythtv 0.11 was released. Did you upgrade your ivtv drivers when
> >> you upgraded mythtv? There are changes in 0.11 that require a newer
> >> ivtv driver than prior versions of mythtv.
> >
> > Well, he actually did say he use the latest driver from CVS...
>
> Oops. My mistake then. Didn't read carefully enough. Bad me. Gotta stop
> doing that...
>
> The unload and reload ivtv trick is something also suggested by tmk
> (the ivtv developer), particularly when the "not enough free buffers"
> message shows up. (Now I've read more carefully, my apologies, Paul).
>
> --Jarod

No problem, but the good news is that you were right about getting the
latest cvs sources fixing the problem.  Last night I downloaded it from
cvs, compiled, installed, and removed the old modules and reinserted the
new ones, and still had no audio.  This morning I tried the ol' reboot
trick, and that seemed to fix it.  I guess just rmmod'ing and modprobing
them didn't quite do the trick.  Yay, I have sound in my recordings
again!

Thanks,

Paul

--