[mythtv-users] New 200Gig WD hard drives @ Dell.com --> $26

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Sep 26 17:06:39 EDT 2003

> Good luck, one of mine was denied on similar dual rebates within the last
> 6 months.  Hope you get both.

Oh, I'm pretty confident that they'll try to deny it, but the fact is
that the rebate form is equivalent to a written contract, and if they
try to back out of it, I'm more than happy to report them to the FTC and
my local Attorney General.  Rebate deals are already under federal
scrutiny because of the practices of places like rebateshq.com (or
whoever handles the actual rebate info for them).

Plus, I plan to include a nice note with the rebate (explaining the
legal ramifications of denying one or the other rebate), as well copies
of the dell web page listing both rebates as part of the purchase deal.

And if one is denied, $123 is still a really good price for a 200 gig
drive, and I'll take solice in the fact that they'll have to deal with
the FTC.   I can also contact dell with the info, and annoy them into
paying the denied rebate, or my credit card company, and have them
forcibly extract the money from dell for failing to completely supply me
with the item I purchased.  There are all KINDS of consumer protection
clauses written into credit card agreements.

Anyway, this has gotten *way* OT, so I'll shut up now..  Just figured
that other people might want to know about the rebate-getting tricks.

-Chris