[mythtv-users] pvr250 dct2000 and modular serial port

Gary Balliet geekofalltrades at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 27 19:17:01 EDT 2003

Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> On Saturday, Sep 27, 2003, at 17:00 US/Pacific, Gary Balliet wrote:
>
>> But I would love to be able to
>> control my dct 2000. Lonny has had some success - so has Ian. I'm really
>> curious as to whether Harondel has? As per Jarod's instructions I have
>> made my serial ports modular but now I am at a loss.
>

> Huh? What instructions? I never wrote anything about making serial
> ports modular or trying to control a cable box...

Sorry Jarod - I was refering to an old copy of
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250 - that
predated the apt-get kernels. In it IIRC you covered how to get control
of the serial port out of the kernel for lirc to work properly.  Sorry
if I was unclear - wrote the list in desperation and fatigue after
fighting with the aforementioned dct problem all day.  Thanks greatly
for your how-to by the way. It and this project have helped me develop
linux skills far beyond what i had. Still a newbie but at least I got
past fearing anything that wasn't rpm'ed.

Thanks again,

./gary