[mythtv-users] no sound with C-media 8738

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sun Sep 28 12:07:29 EDT 2003

At 12:47 PM 9/28/2003 -0400, Edward G Finegan wrote:
>I was looking in to btaudio but i was unable to find any good referances
>on what cards were compatable. Do you know where i might be able to find
>some information about the abality to set it up on a pixelview playTv
>pro.

There are, to my knowledge, no *good* references on this topic. I'd love to
be corrected on this, though, if I am wrong.

Use of btaudio was discussed at length on this list a few months ago, so
you might find it worthwhile to do a search. I *thought* some of the info
from that discussion had been extracted for addition to the MythTV HowTo
(to be exact, I thought I had sent Robert some revisions that incorporated
it), but I may be misremembering (or he may have decided not to use my
submission for reasons I forget right now). So you might want to look at
the subsection on vidcap cards in the Hardware section of the HowTo.

The database of configurations that gets mentioned here all the time is
another place to look for user-level feedback on what cards do and do not
use btaudio. Though I do not recognize yours, it may be listed there with
some info.

As a general matter, though, btaudio supports relatively few cards. The
normal way to record sound (in Windows as well as Linux) is via a patch
cable to the sound card.