[mythtv-users] Visualisation as screen saver in Mythmusic

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 21:44:35 EDT 2003

On Sunday 28 September 2003 18:04, snakeman65 at lineone.net wrote:
> Hi peeps, does anybody know if it would be possible for the
> visualization to go full screen after a set period of time with no
> activity? Also, it would be great if there could be a display of the
> track name and artist on top of the visualization. Possible?

I've been meaning to ask about this, too... it would be really cool to be able
to have the visualzation as the 'background' and put other UI elements on top
of it.  My guess is that this would be very difficult to nearly impossible
given that the visualizations use direct screen drawing routines (i.e.,
OpenGL) and not Qt widgets; hence the fact that the visualization UI element
is just a 'hole'.  Anyone care to comment on the feasibility of this?

-JAC