[mythtv-users] MythTv, VIA and ATI

David Meiser demeiser at csbsju.edu
Sun Sep 28 23:47:53 EDT 2003

I've got an  MSI K7T266 Pro-2RU.  That's a VIA 266A based board and I've
got an AMD 2100+ running on it.  I am using an off-board sound card, but
I am using an ATI Radeon 8500.  The whole set up runs great, really
great.  Except one thing.  I can't get the sound to synch (when doing on
demand recording) with the picture.  But, that's a problem with Myth,
and I haven't figured out what's causing it.

The only issue is this:  you must install the ati.2 drivers from the
gatos project gatos.sf.net <http://gatos.sf.net>.

Anyway, that's my experience.

Peace,
DAVE