[mythtv-users] MythChannels: new version available soon?

Ramon Roca Ramon.Roca at XCombo.com
Mon Sep 29 12:25:28 EDT 2003

Two answers (to Kristof and Andreas) embeded here:

Kristof,
With your grabber, you can fill the freqid/channum columns of your
database using the "--preset" option while running "mythfilldatabase
--manual" for loading the channels. Filling channel information from xmltv
data it's not in fact xmltv compliant, i would call it an extension that
tv_grab_na does, I'm not familiar with it, but looks like you are looking
for some sort of similar functionallity, so you might be interested in to
find a way to use "mythfilldatabase" without the "--manual" option,
although you'll still want to assign channel preset numbers (the ones used
with your remote).
Try it, I think that --manual will prompt you for each data, but will take
the channel data form your xmltv listings (not sure) and, if not, would
not be that difficult to patch it for this.

Andreas,
I'm not maintaining MythChannels, neither currently working for
incorporating into any build, in fact I stopped it because was not going
to be accepted in the way that was being developed so I don't feel enough
understood and or endorsed for resuming it again. However, a few of it's
features have still to be addressed, and heard about people looking for
them, take that code for reference with this purpose.

Ramon.