[mythtv-users] Re: MythMusic suggestion for file moves and id3changes

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 10:08:36 EDT 2003

One thing I've been meaning to do for a while is change how MythMusic
locates files.  Currently it store the full path to each file in the db; I
think it makes more sense to store the path relative to <MusicStorageDir>.
This way it doesn't matter if the mount point is different on different
hosts.  This could be handy, especially if your collection is on a
removable/external device.  Right now, if I go into Setup and change my
music storage directory, it forces me to rescan my whole collection, even
though the collection itself hasn't changed, just the location of it has.
If no one else gets around to making this change, I'll get to it *someday*.

-JAC