[mythtv-users] pvr250 dct2000 and modular serial port

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Mon Sep 29 13:07:35 EDT 2003

On 27 Sep 2003 at 17:00, Gary Balliet wrote:

> control my dct 2000. Lonny has had some success - so has Ian. I'm really
> curious as to whether Harondel has? As per Jarod's instructions I have

Nope, as the digital cable provider is using a firmware that doesn't support
that feature, you need at least version 7.54 on your DCT for this to work.

Have a look here

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62212&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

> setserial /dev/ttyS1 -v autoconfig
> /dev/ttyS1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3

Generally speaking, using autoconfig can give strange results,

I use the following (this is for lirc use with my PB remote)

/bin/setserial  /dev/ttyS1 uart none

> Yes Harondel - I have 7.44 same as you. I also work for Shaw and I still
> can't get them to install anything newer.

DOH!!!!  Anyone you can suggest I talk to to have them upgrade the firmware?

> So any successes with this software of am I stuck having to run 2 lirc's
> and an irblaster?

AFAIK, that also won't work, since Lirc is hard coded such that you can't
have 2 lirc daemons running properly (servicing 2 ports), and can't use tx on
one port while you have a rx on the other. This only works if you use tx/rx
unit on a single port. I have an irblaster, but gave up on it due to the low
receiving range (~3ft). I may try it again once I get around to hooking up
either the ir remote that came with my PVR-250 or the ATI remote Wonder (usb)
I've had sitting here for the last 6 months.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting