[mythtv-users] pvr250 dct2000 and modular serial port

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon Sep 29 14:08:04 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 12:07, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2003 at 18:14, Ian Forde wrote:
>
> > mind - even with a good firmware version on your cable box, the serial
> > port on it still has to be enabled.
>
> No actually it doesn't ;-)
>
> It seems to work regardless of the "enabledness" of the serial port. This was
> pointed out by Lonny on this list and others in the Tivo forums.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.  It sounds like,
"even if the serial port on the cable box is disabled, it will still
work"...

???

In any case, changing topics a little bit (but still within the confines
of the thread), has anyone got a DCT2000 with the HD sidecar working
with Myth (and, obviously, the serial scripts)?  I'm contemplating
getting HDTV-ized and I'm trying to figure out a few things (like, for
example, how to control the box)... or would it just be a DCT5100 issue?

	-I

--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com