[mythtv-users] questions about new hardware

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Sep 30 10:24:28 EDT 2003

No, more likely I missed something... I'm not on that list, I only rarely
search the archive if something's broken.  But regardless that's why I said
maybe -- the chip is there, I just wasn't aware of the status of the driver.
If decoding is important to you then I guess get the 350.  But then again
with a reasonably modern machine I'm not sure what the big push for it is.
Things like divx video or the myth interface itself, would seem like they
need some kind of hack to output through a *mpeg2* decoder, right?  Is one
supposed to use a switch of some kind to change whether you're using say, a
geforce4 or your 350 for tv-out, depending on whether you're watching TV
recording or something else?

- Willy