[mythtv-users] lirc fails to start on bootup but works when run manually

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Apr 1 03:43:38 EST 2004

On Mar 30, 2004, at 07:09, homebreweverything wrote:

> It's working because it contains a race condition. If mythbackend
> loads before lircd, it will work. If you reverse them, it will not. My
> modified modules.conf removes this race condition. It will properly
> load drivers as needed, regardless of when mythbackend or lircd is
> loaded, since lirc_i2c is labelled as being dependant on ivtv. I think
> my modules.conf will work for more people because of this, with less
> startup script changes, and in situations where maybe mythbackend
> shouldn't be loaded at all.

Huh. Interesting... I've played with a few different combos, and
settled on the way I'm doing it after talking with the ivtv developer
in IRC (this was months ago). Its worked for so long, I haven't
bothered messing with it. I'll have to revisit that one of these
days...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...