[mythtv-users] lirc and Xine

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Apr 1 03:56:04 EST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 05:02, Franco wrote:

>> Not quite. Like Dan said, Xine (and mplayer) look for ~/.lircrc. Just
>> "ln -s ~/.mythtv/lircrc ~/.lircrc" and all will be happy, sharing the
>> same config file.
>
> Jarod,
>
> Are you doing that with the "hauppaugegray" lircrc that you made
> publicly
> available?

Not anymore, I use a RadioShack universal remote with both my boxes,
but I do the same linking thing. However, I don't use xine at all.
mplayer handles all my movies much better, and I have a nice
progressive-scan DVD player I prefer to use on the very rare occasion I
watch a DVD (I usually just rip 'em).

> I had already tried that but it didn't work.

Not surprising, since there aren't any xine bindings in it.

> I see from the other postings that other people have the same problem,
> _OR_ they modified the lircrc to to enable it to work with xine.
>
> Can you explain us the trick to make your lircrc to work
> also with xine/mplayer?

My lircrc should work out of the box with mplayer, assuming you've done
the suggested link. As for xine, never have set up the file for it,
since I've never used it. If someone has a full set of bindings they'd
like me to incorporate, I'd be happy to.

> Also, how should one do for tuning the volume?
> I see you mapped different things on the volume buttons...

Yeah, I use an external amp for volume, sorry! ;-)

I can't recall what the exact mappings are, but simply reassign VOL+
and - to ] and [ for myth (I think that's right) and for whatever the
volume keys are for xine or mplayer, and it ought to work.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/