[mythtv-users] Building MythTV over packages?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Apr 1 07:16:34 EST 2004

	Oh, and if you do use it for mythtv, it's slightly unfriendly with the
modules.... they want to be in the same prefix as mythtv.  So, for all the
parts and modules of mythtv, use the same --prefix=/usr/local/encap/mythtv-0.14

... NOT --prefix=/usr/local/encap/mythvideo-0.14, etc, etc

-Cory

 On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, John Sturgeon wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I'm about to make the switch from the 'packaged' version of mythtv (the
> entire suite from ATrpms) to building my own from CVS.  I was wondering
> if I needed to remove mythtv-suite packages prior to building or if
> building it over the top will work.  Also, if I do remove my mythtv
> packages, will I have to re-create my settings/database entries etc?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> John Sturgeon <><

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*