[mythtv-users] HD buffer size important?

Brian Stults bstults at crim.ufl.edu
Thu Apr 1 12:04:21 EST 2004

I'm looking to buy a hard drive to expand storage.  I am very attracted
to the Samsung 160GB drive.  It got a great review at silentpcreview,
with a claim that it may be even quieter than the venerable Seagate
Baracuda IV.

Newegg.com currently has a sale on the version with a 2 GB buffer for
$93.  The one with an 8 GB buffer is $123.  My question is how important
is buffer size for mythtv?  I am on a very tight budget, so I can
probably not afford the $123 drive, but I don't want to buy the $93
drive if I'll be dissatisfied.

Specs:
PVR-350
512 MB DDR