[mythtv-users] Which distro easier? Mandrake10 or Fedora? HavePVR250 & Cmedia audio card

Ben Brown mythtv at handcoder.com
Thu Apr 1 17:49:20 EST 2004

I think it really comes down to six of 1 half dozen of the other.  I've
installed on both distros  apt-get is nice, but if you update your
media,  urpmi is just as easy to use.  I think it's more important to
actually read the documentation as if you were building it from source.
  There's alot going on with myth, and it's much easier to trouble shoot
if you actually know what all is going on under the hood.  I started out
long before all the easy installs were around and building from source
was pretty much your only choice.  Everytime I build a new myth box, I
appreciate that experience

Ben