[mythtv-users] Audio/Video speed messed up on playback

Poul Petersen petersp at mail.alleft.com
Thu Apr 1 18:27:48 EST 2004

	I'm starting to get a pretty complicated setup:

	1) Master backend running mythtv-0.14, RedHat9, (2) wintv radio
	   capture cards (using btaudio)
	2) Slave backend/frontend mythtv-0.14, RedHat9, (1) wintv radio
	   capture card (using btaudio)
	3) Frontend, mythtv-0.14, RedHat9, no capture devices.

	The first two systems both capture and playback just fine, and each
can play-back the other's files with no problems. The third machine (which
is also my desktop) plays backs the recordings and livetv too fast - The
video looks faster than it should be and the voices are all "chipmunks".
Since I'm using btaudio, all of the capture cards are set to capture at
32kHz and I suspect this has something to do with the problem since mythfrontend
reports something about using 44.1kHz playback. How does one force the frontend
to use 32kHz? This seems to only be a capture device setting? I can play the
recordings just fine using mplayer, it's just mythfrontend that chipmunks.

	The box that is chipmunking is spec'd as follows:

MSI K7N2 Delta-L MB NForce2 chipset -> nvaudio binary drivers (OSS)
Athlon XP 3000+
1GB DDR400

	Thoughts?

Thanks,