[mythtv-users] OT a little Ripping DVD's and playing them on a mvp

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Fri Apr 2 00:34:08 EST 2004

The problem is the audio on DVDs is AC3 and the MVP doesn't have an AC3
decoder in it. That would cost royalties to Dolby and thus Hauppauge
left it out to keep costs down.

MPEG2's from your PVR simply have a PCM audio track which is no prob for
the MVP.

As to what can be done about it - don't know. But search (i.e. don't
start a new thred) at http://www.shspvr.com/forum should tell you what
you want to know. It's definitely been discussed any number of times
there. There is a number of forums dedicated to the MVP.

CH