[mythtv-users] Re: Need help getting signal to tv - Nvidia MX         440

RSparks spambucket at cableone.net
Fri Apr 2 06:41:51 EST 2004

On Thursday 01 April 2004 06:03 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>  Re: Need help getting signal to tv - Nvidia MX
>         440
> Well,
>
>    I changed my frequencies to the ones stated:
>
> HorizSync 30-50
> VertRefresh 60
>
>    No dice. I'm getting big ugly static on the TV screen. Pink static,
> no less.
>
>    I am running an s-video cable directly from the MythTV PC to my Sony
> 36" trinitron.

Haven't followed your whole thread, but I found the tool yanc (yet another
Nvidia configurator or some such) to be useful.  It set up my XF86config to
handle a double head display.  Usually the TV-out is a second head.  You will
have to read the NVidia FAQ and Howto from their website to understand what
the settings in yanc mean though.  No way around learning that.  I am
currently running Mandrake 9.2 (If you are not, don't) and yanc also added a
line in /etc/modules.conf which you will never figure out yourself.

Also, it seems at least some cards autodetect whether or not a TV is connected
and ON!!!.  If you boot up without your TV connected and on, your card will
not initialize to output to TV.  Turn on TV, reboot.

Hope this helps,
Randy