[mythtv-users] Pulling my hair out - NVidia TV out

Benjamin Watkins ben-list at constant-technologies.com
Fri Apr 2 12:22:52 EST 2004

At 11:55 AM 4/2/2004 , you wrote:
>Hello
>
>   I'm trying my best to configure my xfree86Config file, and everything I
> try gives me pink static when I reboot with only the TV connected. Lots
> of people have given me lots of tips, and I appreciate all of them, but
> none of them have worked.
>
>My XF86Config file is available here:
>
><http://www.dorseygraphics.com/>http://www.dorseygraphics.com/XF86Config.txt
>
>   Please take a look at it and let me know what's wrong. I am learning
> that there is a prevailing sense of "let the new users learn how to do it
> for themselves" attitude among Linux veterans. I'm trying to work within
> those boundaries, and I've tried to only post here when I cannot find any
> other options. I'm really trying not to piss anyone off with my nagging.
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-----------------S

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nv"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440"
         Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
         Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M'
         Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
         Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
         Option      "TVOverScan" "0.6"
         Option      "NvAGP" "1"
EndSection

It looks like you are using the open source driver.  I know most of us on
the list are using the NVIDIA binary driver (usually 4363).  You might want
to try something like this:

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Card0"
         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "All"
         BoardName   "All"
EndSection

Once you get that working you can tweak some of the other settings.

-Ben : )