[mythtv-users] FW: Pvr250 issues - any suggestions?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 16:57:11 EST 2004

On Friday 02 April 2004 16:22, Kevin Russell wrote:
> Yes, I've tried the kerneldeint filter and had no changes.  Again,
> there must be some issue as I've read other very similar posts but no
> solutions.
>
> Thanks again for all your help!

I see you're using a GeForce FX type video card... any chance you're
using the XvMC-accelerated MPEG decoding?  If you are then the filters
will have no effect.  Basically:

hardware encoding (PVR-x50, M-179) -> can't use filters for recording
hardware decoding (PVR-350 TV-out, or XvMC) -> can't use filters for
playback

You can use playback filters if you turn off XvMC support.  I believe
you can do this in Setup->TV->Playback.

-JAC