[mythtv-users] mplayer, ivtv, pvr-350, mpeg2/nuv files are out of sync

Gabe gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Fri Apr 2 20:10:53 EST 2004

First off, thanks for everyone's help last weekend on how to actually
use mythvideo with a pvr-350.

I am still getting subpar results from my output though.  The audio and
video and very much out of sync.  This I thought was to be expected for
mpeg-4 files, but I was under the impression that mpeg-2 files were
fine.  I even copied one of my recordings from mythtv (a nuv file) to my
mythvideo dir as a mpg as a test.  While the nuv file plays flawlessly
under mythtv, the same sync problems occur (and it appears the video is
a little slower and lesser quality).

Right now, I am using the X-driver for PVR-350 cards from
http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz/ although without the other patches from
the page (could that be part of the problem?  I could never figure out
how to work those patches even after reading the docs).

This is my command line option set in mythvideo: "mplayer -fs -zoom
-quiet -vo x11 %s"

I am using whatever version of mplayer that comes through with axel's
RPMs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gabe