[mythtv-users] OT: Migrating from Red Hat 9.0 to Fedora

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Sat Apr 3 10:51:56 EST 2004

I was just reminded that as of May 1, Red Hat 9.0 will be end-of-life.
As I know there is significant Red Hat experience here, I was hoping
someone could chime in on the following...

1. Is it reasonable to expect that people will still package security
updates for Red Hat 9.0, even if the company itself doesn't?  Any word
of a reputable source for these?

2. How difficult is upgrading to Fedora as it relates to Myth,
specifically.  Can I just put in the CD and so an in-place upgrade or is
that mostly a pipe dream?

Thanks as always.