[mythtv-users] GUI offset broken in 0.14 + qt-3.3.1?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sat Apr 3 15:50:08 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:37:14 -0000, John Harvey
<john.p.harvey at btinternet.com> wrote:

>> I upgraded qt to 3.3.1 on my Gentoo 2.6.4 box, which supposedly would
>> cure
>> my problems with Swedish/Danish characters in the Program Guide - and it
>> did. However, now the GUI offset has stopped working. I can set the size
>> of the MythTV window but the offset values are ignored.
>>
>> Also, an old question, but I'm wondering if it's fixed in CVS - how can
>> make the MythTV window fullscreen while reducting the size of the (still
>> centered) GUI?
>
> I'm seeing the same problem with QT embedded 3.3.1 that didn't happen
> with
> 3.3.0b1.
> For me adding
>
> 	move(d->xbase, d->ybase);
>
> as the last line of MythMainWindow::Init() after the call to Show in
> libmyth/mythdialogs.cpp seems to fix it.
>
> I will probably submit this as a patch but let me know if it works for
> you
> as well since I only have the embedded version of 3.3.1 built at the
> moment.

[top posting rearranged]

SOrry for the late reply, but I haven't had the time to test this until
now.

Short answer: the fix didn't work. :(
Long answer: I've rebuilt KDE (to 3.2.1) hoping that it would make some
difference, but the MythTV window still sticks to the upper left corner
like glue... it might have something to do with the "run frontend in a
window" option - I can't seem to get the window border back no matter what
I try. Is there a settings file/mysql entry I can control this with?

/ Niklas