[mythtv-users] How to configure channels in UK

Martyn Weber martyn at blacksun.uk.com
Sat Apr 3 19:43:21 EST 2004

Hi, I have to input cards....

1)  PVR350 connected via composite to an NTL cable tv box with 100+ channels

2) USB based DVB terrestrial reciever (Nova-T) with Freeview channels

Most of the freeview channels are available on the NTL box (the ones that
arent, I havent setup).

I set the system up with the 350 first and added the nova-t later.

I have manually entered the channel numbers and short codes for the NTL
input and tried to match these with the Freeview entries. The Freeview
entries have the same channel number, short code, and name but have a
different ID and also have the DVB information.

Looking at the EPG, it only shows one entry for each channel even when there
are two ways to recieve it. This is good and how I want it to work (the
mythweb shows each channel twice btw).

However when I try to select a channel (e.g. BBC1) whilst a program is being
recorded (on the PVR 350 - 1st card in the db), mythbackend cant get the PID
information and then segfaults. Its as if it is trying to use the channel
details for the non DVB entry.

Same happens when I try to record two programs.

Is this how the system is designed to work (ie I need to code a change), or
should I have set something else up?

Thanks

Martyn