[mythtv-users] IR Receiver

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 20:29:43 EST 2004

You don't say what kind of capture card you have, but
if you have a Hauppauge card (either the PVR-250/350
or (I think) a WinTV dbx card), their IR receivers use
RC-5 codes, and you should be able to use the URC-8910
with them (I use a URC-6131).

Before that, I was using an irman, and it worked
fairly well, although it interfered with my IR
keyboard.

I'm attaching some directions that I wrote up
previously (I'm in the process of incorporating them
into my new website design), as well as the lircd.conf
and lircrc file.  They're for the URC-6131, but it
should give you enough ideas to work with (I would
imagine that the codes are the same for your remote).
Ignore the mplayer section, I haven't tested those
buttons out, since I use Xine for everything.

-- Joe