[mythtv-users] daylight saving's time

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 4 07:54:28 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:

>Having just been reminded that I'm supposed to set my clock forward
>tonight, and having always been curious what the TV programmers do for
>the times when an hour is gained/loss for this particular kind of thing,
>I just went to check mythweb, and lo and behold it has completely lost
>the 2:00 hour...  The time goes 1, 1:30, 3, 3:30 and so forth.
>
>Of course, now I'm curious about why it actually worked, but am too
>tired to actually do so.  Just thought it was cool to see it actually
>work.  Wonder how the scheduler will handle things in the fall when
>separate shows all start at 2:00 AM on the same channel.

For me here in Holland it didn't work. The data in de EPG  just wasn't
updated because someone at tvgids.nl had messed up one of the end times
of a program. xmltv/mythfilldatabase kept on muttering about impossible
time or something like that. The day after the DST switch the database
was properly filled again...

Gert