[mythtv-users] nvidia mx 440 - tv blanks after a few minutes

malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Sun Apr 4 15:14:07 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to switch from my PVR-350s TV out to the nVidia mx 440 card
I got.
I'm having all sorts of problems which I'm trying to get ironed out but one
that's really goofy is after a few minutes of watching TV the TV just
blanks.  Like it's trying to put my TV in power saving mode or something.
Searching the archives I found sample XF86Config-4 files and I noticed some
people have:
Option "dpms"
so I tried that and I also tried Option "nodpms" but no luck.
In KDE I turned off power saving.

If I run X to the monitor it never goes to sleep.  Only when I run X to the
TV (monitor is just blank) does it go to sleep.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Malcolm

PS - if you have any hints for me I'm also experiencing:
1) about an inch blank band on the top and bottom of the screen.  Option
"tvoutscan" "1.0" does nothing for me.
2) strange artifacts on fast motion sceans (I've seen stuff about Xv in
archives but I don't understand it).
3) a slight flicker on the screen like I have the wrong refresh rate.  This
is on NTSC in the US.
HorizSync 30.0-50.0
VertRefresh 60