[mythtv-users] PVR350 TV Out and DVD

Chris Delis cedelis at uillinois.edu
Mon Apr 5 06:09:16 EDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 08:03:51PM -0700, Michael Howell wrote:
> Malcolm.
> Sorry to keep bothering you - I applied the PVR350 patch and edited my
> XF86Config file and all I got was a black screen with one small blinking
> white rectangle in the middle of it - any ideas as to why?

I notice a similar effect.  I run X with two displays (screens :0
and :1).  Whenever my mouse slides over to the mythfrontend screen,
everything goes black.  I can remedy this by showing the OSD (enter
"i").  Also, I notice that a black screen appears if I enter into the
EPG and escape out of it (without changing a channel).  The same rememdy
applies for this scenario, too.  Anyone else experience this?  It's not
a showstopper, just slightly annoying.  What's interesting about all of
this is that this behavior didn't always exist.  I installed Mathias'
X driver a few weeks ago (3 maybe?) and didn't notice the blackness
until after I upgraded to a particular mythtv version (CVS).