[mythtv-users] Actisys IR-200L and Scientific Atlanta 3100

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Apr 5 10:45:40 EDT 2004

> Can you send me info on RS parts numbers and maybe a URL with
> a short howto?
>
> Thanks...
>
> -Khanh

This may not be the ideal solution but if you get stuck it is an
alternative. There is a cheap ir-blaster called MyBlaster
(http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_001.html) which will control your SA
box however there are no official linux drivers for it and I dont think
there is any lirc support for it either.

I have developed a script to interface it with MythTV that does not use lirc
at all. (I have lirc running as the reciver/decoder for my PVR250 and didnt
want to sacrifice that support.) If you are interested, write me off-list
and I will send you a copy of the script and all of the device codes for the
blaster. I have been using the device here to control a dishnetwork receiver
and it works great on that hard to control device.

(wmunson at rochester.rr.com)