[mythtv-users] sleep/wake with Jarod's guide

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Mon Apr 5 15:01:49 EDT 2004

Op maandag 5 april 2004 20:37, schreef Kenneth Ljungh:
> Henk Poley wrote:
> >>
> >>I'm using nvram wakeup http://sourceforge.net/projects/nvram-wakeup on a
> >>asus pundit box (running gentoo) and it works great.
> >
> > Do you also shutdown the box (like I do) or do you use some of the
> > suspend to RAM/Disk stuff? There seems to be some interest for it on the
> > mailinglist currently, so please share your resources. :-)
>
> Yes, I have myth run /sbin/poweroff to shut down the box and
> nvram-wakeup to use the cmos clock to power on the box.
> I also set myth to power on 120 secs before recording since the box
> boots in about 1 min.

Ehm isn't poweroff a 'hard' thing. Like, it doesn't shutdown services and the
such? My system runs "/sbin/shutdown -h now".

That boottime is about what I get too, but I never clocked it after I enabled
the parallel rc stuff genoo has. Edit /etc/conf.d/rc and set
RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP="yes", don't know if it helps anything though. :-P

> nvram-wakeup didn't automatically recognise the pundit but the latest
> release (0.95) do support it so one just have to specify it on the
> command line. Also there was a wake-up-before margin of 5 min in one of
> the .h files that I set 0 zero before compiling.

Hehe, I think I have a little advantage that I can read the German
nvram-wakeup forums. There's stated that you can download the CVS version, or
just the definitions header file, and it would work after a recompile.

btw, I think that it might be possible to directly write in UNIX epoch
to /proc/acpi/alarm and have it work, though I never tried that. Obviously
you would need to have the wake-up feature enabled in the BIOS already
(nvram-wakeup does that for you).

	Henk Poley <><