[mythtv-users] Timezones and Dual Booting

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 21:52:18 EDT 2004

Kind of a survey question:

I know that more than a few people are dual booting
Myth with Windoze.  I also know that there is more
than one way to set up time/timezone with a system
that dual boots.

So the question is: how do you have your dual
booting Myth system set up for time?  Do you keep
the hardware clock in UTC or local time?  Also, if
you use tv_grab_na_dd, how does that work for you?

My problem is that I have my hardware clock set up
for local time and when I load listings using the
grabber I get all of the data off my 4 hours (since it is
now DST).  I have forced a --tz-offset -0400 into the
command line used for tv_grab_na_dd to offset this,
but it seems kind of kludgy.

Perhaps there is something in CSV that addresses
this and I am unaware of it?  Perhaps I should be
setting my hardware clock to UTC to overcome this?
All comments and suggestions are welcome.

TIA!

-- Harry O.