[mythtv-users] ALSA and SPDIF Out For nForce2 Motherboards

Mike Denver mdenver at bak.rr.com
Mon Apr 5 23:41:37 EDT 2004

I followed your directions, and was able to make get my s/pdif to work with
mplayer work by "gmplayer -ao alsa9:nforce" now I can't duplicate this. Also
I don't have the option in myth to select alsa9:xxxx. This seems to be a
pretty popular topic so has anyone put together an expanation on how
everything works together, what all to check? ie: ~/.mplayer/config,
.asource which controls in alsamixer controls s/pdif.

Abit NF7-S ver.2
chaintech GeForce4 MX-440 8X
Haup PVR-250