[mythtv-users] Timezones and Dual Booting

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 6 01:51:58 EDT 2004

>>>>> Harry Orenstein writes:

h> My problem is that I have my hardware clock set up
h> for local time and when I load listings using the
h> grabber I get all of the data off my 4 hours (since it is
h> now DST).  I have forced a --tz-offset -0400 into the
h> command line used for tv_grab_na_dd to offset this,
h> but it seems kind of kludgy.

        There is no relationship between the hardware clock and
tv_grab_na_dd.  The latest version switched to displaying all times in
UTC by default because it had trouble handling DST and because XMLTV
is supposed to be moving in that direction anyway.  There was
discussion on xmltv-devel about this.  I think the author is
investigating a way to make it display local times correctly but until
then, you have to convert to local time yourself.

        Anyway, someone is also working on MythTV changes to allow it
to read the DataDirect listings without going through XMLTV.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.