[mythtv-users] ME6000, Jarod FC1, PVR350, *DMA ERROR*

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Tue Apr 6 05:17:50 EDT 2004

Hey Folks,

First off, is there a happy link to known bugs in the .14 mythtv site
code?  I'd like to check off the ones I'm seeing, and know if time had
been available to look into them for .15 .  I'm not expecting someone
else to do my bidding and suddenly fix everything; I'm patient to wait
until someone else with some real coding talent has the same itch.
Heck, I'm all but banking on it!

What I'm seeing:

1)

It looks like my DMA error has followed me to my Via 600mhz box too.  I
think it was in live TV viewing.

(I wandered onto the scene after trying to test the desktop sharing -
the 5th attempt to connect from vin/realvnc client to the kde sharing
server looked like it passed, but the screen was blank.)

> ==> /var/log/messages <==
> Apr  6 01:54:20 otnemem kernel: ivtv: DMA read error. Result=0x00000002

That's the last word sent over syslogd to my other box when the tv
screen goes solid green and everything locks hard. It's the familiar
green screen with the hard lockup that makes me think I inadvertantly
blundered into Live TV.

It's been downgraded from a classic Jarod FC1 install:
> ivtv-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at-0.1.9-25.rhfc1.at
> ivtv-0.1.9-25.rhfc1.at
> ivtv-firmware-2.02.023-3.at

The bios on my me6k is the defaults, except I disabled the PXEBoot until
I actually have a PXEboot config in my dhcpd.

2) Don't hit FFWD or REWD while viewing recorded programs.  It advances
the position and then locks.

3) Does commercial skip skip while viewing, or while recording?  I think
that a commercial skip setting set off #2 today.  The hard lockup
moments into a futurama show today was barely into a commercial, and the
OSD showed information suggesting it recognized it as such (I was a
bonehead, no digicam shot, sorry).  The playback died exactly 30 secs
in.  Significant?  Dunno.

Anyway, I'd be grateful if I could look up these little glitches in a bz
or something, and know if .15 (no rush, but) would deliver new code for
areas where these bugs may be coming in.

  - bish
I want my MythTV...

--
	WAP is the sound a clunky Internet-enabled cellphone makes
	when you throw it at a brick wall in frustration.